Fast pre cooling of Vegetables & Herbs
Maximal Freshness | Future Proof | Powerful | Fast | Reliable
Benefits for Vegetables & Herbs
Once harvested, stress arises that results in respiration and perspiration of the products. Both are mainly triggered by temperature. By quickly cooling your perishable produce with our vacuum coolers, this process can be reduced by 75% or more.
- Quality protection and maximum shelf life & storage (longer travel times possible).
- Thorough cooling, down to the core, independent of the density of the packaging or packaging style.
- Lower workload for your cold room, resulting in less temperature fluctuations.
- Added value for (export) customers, thanks to the higher & more consistent quality.
- Less waste, disapproval and claims; save money and maximize your reputation.
- Lower energy costs, since vacuum cooling is the most energy-efficient cooling method.
Possibilities for Vegetables & Herbs
Easy to cool very fast with vacuum technology, thanks to the high “surface to weight ratio”. If the chosen cooling capacity is high enough, the cooling cycle can be shorter than 20 minutes. Our standard design is based on a cycle time of 15 – 30 minutes.
Compact vegetables can be cooled down effectively in a vacuum cooler for vegetables, both in big bins and in palletized boxes. With vacuum cooling, you can remove most of the field heat in approximately 30 – 45 minutes and do the final cooling in the cold room. Substantial quality improvement & shelf life prolongation is confirmed by customers!
Delicate Vegetables & Micro Herbs
Delicate vegetables and micro herbs have very high respiration & transpiration rates at harvesting temperatures which can have a negative influence on your yield, storage time & shelf life. The more delicate your produce, the faster you want to cool your produce. For products like micro herbs, beans, tender-stem broccoli and mushrooms, quick and thorough vacuum cooling can offer you many benefits!